Terms & Conditions
These are the student acceptance and fee payment Terms & Conditions of Zenith International School (Preschool, Primary and Secondary) which is the owned entity of AKADEMI KRUNZ SDN BHD. The Terms and Conditions are subject to change without prior notice and effective from 01/08/2023
STUDENT ACCEPTANCE AND FEE PAYMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Acceptance/ Rejection of Applicant & Enrollment
- 1.1 All enrollments are subject to the following Terms and Conditions, which becomes legally binding upon acknowledgement and acceptance of Letter of Offer issued by the School.
- 1.2 Student placement is strictly on a “First Come, First Served” basis.
- 1.3 The School reserves the right to place a student upon enrollment in a class which the Head of School or the Principal deems academically and developmentally suitable to the student’s needs at any time and from time to time whilst the student is enrollment with the school. This may include requiring the students to repeat one or more academic year(s).
- 1.4 The School is not obliged to provide any justification or reason for the rejection of an applicant/student to enrollment in the School.
2. Fee Payment
- 2.1 Any promotional offers or discounts given are at the discretion of the management.
- 2.2 All fees payment are due two weeks before the beginning of the term (termly payment) or academic year (annual payment)
- 2.3 The School reserves the right to suspend any student with outstanding payments of more than 1 (one) month, from the start of the term. Suspended students are considered to be absent from school.
- 2.4 If a student is suspended in accordance with default payment, then his/her Security Deposit shall be immediately forfeited to off-set any fees to be paid.
- 2.5 Easy Payment plan (EPP) applies for all Hong Leong Bank and Maybank credit card cardholders (and any other Zenith International School approved Malaysian bank issued credit cards)
- 2.6 The School reserves the right to increase Academic/Tuition and any other Fees by giving 6 months notice of any increase to affected parties.
- 2.7 The Application Fee and Registration Fee are a one-time payment which are NOT refundable. However, if the student doesn’t meet our academic requirement, only the Registration Fee shall be refunded within a month. The Application Fee will NOT be refunded.
- 2.8 For annual payer there will be no further discounts under any circumstances or for any whatsoever reason.
- 2.9 The fee stated in the packages does not include any School Excursion and Ad-Hoc event costs. The individual Excursion and Ad-Hoc event costs shall be advised through official letters prior to the event with the payment details.
- 2.10 Any Security Deposit, if originally paid, will only be refunded if the School receives 3 (three) month withdrawal notice. The School management reserves the right to withhold payment of any refunds of the Security Deposit until such time fulfilling the 3 (three) month notice.
- 2.11 The School will not refund any Security Deposit, Resource and Activity Fees paid when a student has been expelled. The School will only refund any unused academic /tuition fees if a student is expelled.
- 2.12 The sibling discounts are applicable as long as there are siblings enrolled together at Zenith.
- 2.13 The sibling discount will be withdrawn if there are no other siblings in next billing cycle and will only be applied to the last invoice of any Academic Year.
- 2.14 Sibling discounts will always be applicable to the fees for the youngest child, irrespective of when the siblings joined the School.
- 2.15 Withdrawal from School can only be done by the parent/guardian who signed the Offer Letter. (Contact the Finance Department to find out more on the withdrawal process).
- 2.16 Where any cancellation of the student withdrawal is made after the parent sends in the withdrawal form, the parent can only have the option to cancel / extend their withdrawal within one (1) month after the withdrawal is approved. Therefore, if the student would like to re-enrol, he / she will go through the application process again and will be considered a new admission. As and when the cancellation of student withdrawal occurs, parent must submit a letter of appeal for re-entry. This is subject to the School’s approval.
- 2.17 Parents / Guardian must submit the withdrawal form at least three (3) months before the withdrawal date (one term notice period).
- 2.18 Any change of payment mode (ie from Annual Payment to Termly Payment) will require additional deposits to be made eg Security Deposit to be added.
- 2.19 Academic/Tuition fees paid in advance is only refundable when one full term or a minimum notice period of 3 months has been submitted formally.
- 2.20 If the visa application (student pass/dependent pass) is rejected, a withdrawal notice must be submitted to the school and the pro-rated Academic/Tuition fees, full Security Deposit will be refunded in the following month.
- 2.21 The School Leaving Certificate will be generated for all students upon completion of studies or withdrawal. This will be a. within two (2) weeks after the CAIE results are released for completion of studies or
- b. within two (2) weeks after the student's withdrawal date.
- 2.22 A copy of the School Leaving Certificate will be given to the Finance Department for refund processing and another will be placed inside the student’s file.
- 2.23 The School Leaving Certificate will be handed over to the parents or students once an official notification of release has been received from the Finance Department and/or Government Liaison Department for international student. li>2.24 Students/Year 11 candidates will only be registered for CAIE IGCSE exams once full payment of the exam fees has been received. Students/Candidates will not be registered if the payment is not made by the deadline given by the School and any late registration fee will be the responsibility of the parents/guardians of the candidate.
- 2.25 The school may withhold any or all the official credentials of the students, including but not limited to the student's School Leaving Certificate, CAIE certificate and academic(s) transcript, if there are any outstanding fee(s) payable from the student.
- 3.1 The Parent fully understands and accepts that while every precaution and care will be taken by the school, participation in school activities may carry with it certain risks which cannot be eliminated.
- 3.2 The Parent acknowledges and accepts all the risks associated with the student’s participation in school activities and the possibility of personal injuries, property damage or losses resulting from the school activity.
- 3.3 The Parent agrees to release, save harmless and indemnify the school, its employees, invitees, volunteers and agents (herein collectively called “the Personnel”) from and against all claims, actions, causes of action, costs, expenses whatsoever in respect to injuries, losses or damages to the student (their child) or property, in connection with him/her taking part in school activities
- 3.4 The Parent further understands, acknowledges and agrees that Zenith International School reserves the right to accept or decline continued participation of any persons, including the student, if in the judgement of any of the Personnel the Student’s behaviour will/is causing unreasonable disturbance or danger to himself/herself or any other participants or to the school.